Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Fall in Wyoming

While it still feels like summer in the south, fall is upon us in Wyoming. The trees have changed and many have already lost their leaves.

I have always wanted to see and photograph the Aspens quaking, and had been looking forward to seeing them light up all summer long, and let me tell you, they did NOT disappoint.
The little ones began to slowly light up like small candles, then next thing I knew, all the aspens were lit up and the valley we're nestled in was ablaze of colors. They had me in absolute awe. I have never seen more brilliant fall colors in all my life.

So needless to say it was photographers paradise and I might or might not have gotten carried away getting pictures.... :)

Like all the beauty here, it's impossible to truly capture it on camera, but I tried my hardest.
Below are some of my attempts.


This is the view from across the ranch pasture.




And of course I had to get a few pictures with them :)







This is the view you're rewarded with shortly after turning out of the ranch.
Looks like a painting doesn't it?









Schwabacher's Landing is the most gorgeous place for reflections,
and plus it's not that far from the ranch










Oxbow Bend in Teton National Park.
The reflection in the water that day was unreal. It was like I was looking at a postcard.
There was no breeze which made the water like glass.



Coulter Bay in the park. It was so quiet and empty being closed for the winter.
I had the place to myself basically the whole time and just soaked up the solitude and thought back on the kayaking adventures I'd had there :)






There are so many more pictures I want to share but there just seems to be no time! I promise I will get some more posted.
My friend from back home flew out Sunday, and we've been exploring the area, but head out tomorrow on our adventure back home. So I'll be sure and post pictures and stories at some point :)

I am excited about all the amazing places we'll get to see, but my heart is heavy at the reality of leaving Wyoming behind. But Lord willing, I'll aim to spend another summer out here.  

Look forward to seeing everyone back home and hugging many necks here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment